My quest to level 5 World of Warcraft characters at the same time.


2007-01-09

MultiBox

My software, MultiBox, is finally to a point where it's ready for a little bit of public consumption. It's got a couple bugs and I still have a short To-Do list for it but it's to the point where I can now play WoW using it instead of Synergy. The main things it has that Synergy doesn't is keyboard/mouse broadcasting (natively, not a cheesy hack like I made for Synergy) and more importantly, relative mouse movements all the time. With Synergy you have to move your mouse to the other screen, then press a hotkey to lock to screen, then you can start mouse-looking. When done, press the hotkey again then move off the screen. With this software you can simply move to a screen and start mouselooking immediately.

I wrote up a little thing about it at http://www.dual-boxing.com (a new multi-boxing website/forum) and in order to consolidate the comments, feedback and questions I'll just link to that here: http://www.dual-boxing.com/forums2/viewtopic.php?t=29.

Over the upcoming weekend I will beging working on adjusting and tweaking the software while putting it through a sample run of probably levels 1-10 using the class makeup I intend to start out with in the expansion.